Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
In celebration of Earth Day, K - 12 students are invited to express their artistic ability using recyclable materials to create a piece of art which shows the importance of recycling and reuse to keep materials out of the landfill.
• Students may create an entry by themselves or in groups. Only one entry per person or group is allowed.
• Art must only be made of materials that are eligible for recycling through the City of Garland’s program: cardboard, cartons, paper, glass bottles and jars, plastic containers and jugs, and aluminum, tin, and steel cans.
• A small amount of fastening materials may be used to hold pieces together.
• Art should fit within a 2’ x 2’ space and be easily moved.
Entries will be ranked and 1st, 2nd, 3rd place prizes awarded based on:
1) Effective use of correct recyclable materials
2) Artistic value/creativity and originality
3) Promotion of an environmental message
1st Place: $250 2nd Place: $150 3rd Place: $100
Art teachers of winning students to receive an additional $250 prize.